Fancy Meeting You Here...

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Vergil'sHuman 12of13

Vergil's eyes shot open, rather than wake up screaming like Dante had when they were young, Vergil would wake up paralyzed, unable to move or call for help. Dante had shared his nightmares then, had ran to his room and they would lie together, holding hands and willing the tears not to fall. Devil's never cried.

Shaking his head he stood, gazing at his young sleeping wife. Sliding on his pants and grabbing Yamato Vergil left, retreated to the woods, high on a tree to watch the moon. Had Dante waken screaming from the same nightmare Vergil had like they used to? Did he even remember him?

When Vergil had come to Dante as Gilver the boy had forgotten. He had deliberately blocked out the bad in his life. That included his twin.

He wanted to see him again, Dante was so bitter now, angry. Would he welcome him? It was time, he had been married for two months now and Mia so desperately wanted to meet his brazen brother.

Lost in memories Vergil almost missed the sun peeking from behind the vast trees. He sighed before making his way back to the Inn where Mia waited.

"Oh Vergil, I was worried! Welcome home." Mia beamed at him, glowing. There was something different about her lately, she hadn't even noticed it but he had. He just hadn't been able to place it.

As Mrs. Gabby called for breakfast Mia took Vergil's hand and led him to the kitchen where the pleasant smells assaulted their senses. Instantly Mia's hand flew to her mouth and she ran out the side door, barely making it before getting sick.

"Mia?" Vergil was at her side. "What's wrong?" Was she sick? She had looked fine before.

Mrs. Gabby came up from behind them. "I think that settles it, Dear, maybe it's time to tell him."

"Tell me what?" Vergil felt scared, a very rare occurrence for him.

"I know you said you can't have kids but," Bracing a hand on his shoulder she stood, "I think I'm pregnant."
Pregnant. Pregnant? As in with child? With his child? This was impossible. He was a half-breed, a mule, sterile. Pregnant?

"Vergil, honey, you are worrying me. Blink or something." He had been sitting in the room all morning with Mia who was given, forcibly, the day off.

Vergil could only think of one thing. "Pregnant?"

Mia rolled her eyes playfully at him before rising from the bed to the desk chair where he sat, she wrapped her arms around him. "Yes and you can say it a thousand more times, it won't change the facts."

Vergil blinked before looking up at her. A slow smile spread across his face, it bloomed into full fledged joy. "Pregnant!"

Mia's heart stopped, she had never seen a look even similar to this one on his face, not even their wedding day. He was gorgeous. She laughed. "You know, actually I was kind of worried, you seemed like you didn't want to have a family."

Vergil shrugged. "I didn't. I didn't want a family, a wife, a human or to abandon my goal. Instead I met you and you changed everything."

"That is the corniest, sweetest thing I have ever heard!"

"Well I appreciate that." He answered dryly. "I have been thinking and decided, we should probably go," He was loosing momentum, his words fading. "Uh, see Dante."

"Really?" Mia squealed. "Let's go! Pack up!"

"Not now!" He laughed, "After the baby. And I need to go alone first, make sure, we are still," on good terms? They weren't. "Make sure he's okay with seeing me."

"Oh, sweetie." Mia caressed his face. "He'll want to see you, I promise."

The babies were due in early February. There were twins, which are said to be genetic so it made sense. The children weren't even born and they were loved by all. People came from all over the town nearly daily to check on Mia and her growing stomach. Mia was as happy as ever, and Vergil smiled easier than anyone thought possible.

"Vergil?" Mia asked as they got ready for bed. "About names," she trailed off and Vergil turned to face her.

Honestly her emotional imbalance bothered him; he had no idea how to handle her at times. Instead he offered a small smile. "What names were you thinking of?"

"Well, my Grandma was Nera, and that's my middle name and she was so special to me-"

"Nera sounds beautiful, but what of the other one, they are twins."

Mia smiled, bouncing slightly; he loved to see her so excited. "Well I was thinking, if it's a boy we could name him… Dante?"

Vergil gave her a dry stare. "Dante? So that I remember the torture of his idiotic schemes throughout my childhood every time I see my own son's face?"

"Oh Vergil, quit it. He means a lot and, I think, that would be a great name. Or we could name him after you, I just thought that it would make you uncomfortable."

"So two girls will be Nera and Mia. A boy and girl will be Nera and," Glare. "Dante. And two boys will be-"

"Dante and Vergil!"

"No. How about Dante and… Nero."

Mia smiled. "I love that! Nero, that would be great!"

Vergil smiled back, he loved nothing more but to see Mia so happy.

Who saw that coming? I fully support Nero being part of the family and since he was never explained it's up to the fans! (Personally I love the baby name conversation, Mia is so cute and she knows how important the twins are to each other even though they hide it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment